Monday, January 30, 2012

"I WANNA KNOW WHAT LOVE IS"

... First please just accept that the title of this post will only make sense to a very small number of folks, but it makes me laugh! And as we all know I'm always up for a good laugh. Now that that is taken care of...

Just wanted to put out a quick post about what we've been up too, and maybe (if the world, electricity, internet, and Fredrick all cooperate) put up a few pictures. We'll see. Last week at school was crazy, and incredibly rewarding at the same time. Mrs. Mpata my team teacher was out sick all week. She is back this week and feeling better but keep her and her family in your prayers as they are still not certain what is wrong. But because she was out I was in the classroom alone...BUT! I survived and it was a great feeling. By the end of the week things were running smoothly and and we were having a great time.... There is currently a trail of any walking down the wall by my bed I have looked at least 17 times since I started writing this and there is nothing there for them to even get they are simply walking up and down. I clearly am ignoring them as I continue to write and leave them be, mmmm life in Africa.... anyway so that was last week and lets just say as good as it was it was a LOOONG week.
So the weekend came and we were all very excited. This weekend was Michelle's birthday, and so Ogles and I decided to kidnap her and take a trip to the lake. We absolutely could not have made a better decision. We loaded up the car Friday afternoon and headed out. We drove for and drove and drove some more and finally arrived at the lake around 8 or so that night, I think I don't really know. We decided that we would turn our phones off and really enjoy the weekend so time was irrelevant for most of it. We didn't have any plans other than to enjoy ourselves and that is what we did. Saturday we just hung out and played games for a bit we spent tons of time in the lake and at the beach, we had a nice dinner which included a cake for Michelle that read "Micheal, Happy Bathday" possibly the best cake I have ever seen. Sunday we did exactly the same thing and had a GREAT time!!! We left Sunday evening and drove and drove... we may or may not have spend a significant amount of time belting out "I wanna know what love is"... and loving every minute of it! We came back to campus around 9 or 9:30 Sunday night and went immediately to bed. So here we are Monday afternoon, refreshed and ready to start a new week. Praise the Lord!!
Until next time...
"But he said to me, 'My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.'Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me." 2 Corinthians 12.9 (read it, it'll change your life)


This is looking down from the side of Table Mountain in Cape Town

The Beach in Cape Town


This is at our class Christmas party! Fun times!

Most of the Kindergarten students at ABC

Reading Day at ABC, I may have posted this but I don't remember

LAKE MALAWI

I just really liked this flower

Say CHEESE! 

I think Michelle missed the ugly face memo... 

Everyone smile this time. 

The End. 

No comments:

Post a Comment