Saturday, April 27, 2013

Thoughts about going home... And some pictures

So in a little less than 2 months O and I will end out Malawian journey and head home to start new adventures. As you might imagine after spending two years here this place certainly holds a piece of my heart. Possibly a larger piece than I even realize now. As my time here grows shorter and shorter thoughts of home and people and what happens next become more and more present in my mind. Any time you talk with anyone they ask some form of question about something to do with all of that (confused? yeah me too). Here's the true answer.... I have ABSOLUTELY no idea what's next. Isn't that exciting? No? Yes!! Honesty I have no idea about that either. But I've accepted that. I know that God has plans for my life and He will reveal them to me in His own time. I was thinking the other day back to when we were just deciding to move to Malawi... That was scary, but God provided... God provides. It seems like it should be easier to go back than it was to leave, but in some respects it's a little harder. I have fallen in love with this place with these people. They have helped to learn and grow, they have challenged me in ways that only moving across the world and falling into a completely new culture can. It's been hard and messy and beautiful and one of the greatest experiences of my life. It's going to be tough to say good bye. But O and I were talking about all of the exciting opportunities we'll have when we get home. And about taking the things we have learned here and putting them to practice in the rest of our lives. Continuing to live a good story. Seeking out opportunities to serve and minister in our own communities. It seems like such a "duh" concept, but the temptation to go home and just be comfortable is HUGE! Even in the small things... In Malawi we are noticed everywhere we go. We're riding in the car and we here people shouting "AZUGU!!" Which basically means white person... And people staaaaare. It perfectly acceptable. The thought of being able to walk around the store and blend in is quite nice. Or knowing... or at least have a good idea of what to expect in a social situation. Will these people speak English? Probably. Will we be wearing the proper clothing? Probably.  (Here the answer to this is generally.. Probably not.) But we were saying basically now that we have these experiences will we be satisfied with just being comfortable? I honestly don't think we will. At least not at first, but I'm human, a human who thoroughly enjoys her comfort,  and generally unless pushed to do things I won't. But just because we don't live in Africa doesn't mean we can serve. Yes, we may have to look harder for opportunities. And yes they may actually require more of us than a lot of the things we do here, but isn't it worth it? Isn't going home at the end of the day spent for the glory of God worth all of the sacrifice? Of course it is! This is something I desperately hope to remember upon my return home. so no I have no idea what I'm going to do. I don't even know what I want to do, but I know what I hope my life will look like and I know that my God will provide for me and knowing that is perfect. 



Here are a few snap shots of my life recently....
This crazy huge moth was outside my classroom one morning and every stopped to start at it for a long time.... my class was amused. 

We had a reception- 1st grade pizza party to celebrate the end of Gospel Emphasis week and the beginning of Spring Break! Here is there lovely pizza box tower! 

Our tour of Malawi was EXCELLENT and BEAUTIFUL and only involved one flat tire. 

Everyone that passed us was intrigued by our tire changing adventure. 

God's beautiful creation. 

Tea and Scones at Dedza. Yeah, we're sophisticated. 

Posing? on the mountain. :)

The guys were in charge of breakfast... clearly I  was just in the way. 

We stopped to take lots of pictures in front of this waterfall.  Malawi is a gorgeous country. We were so happy to have seen so much of it. 

Isn't it Gorgeous! 

More pictures on the mountain! 

After our tour we had some fun with Hair dye! 

I bought O a cat!!! She is so happy, so no comments on that please. 

This view....

This ones for you Mom! 

I love this girl so much! I'm so glad we got to experience this together, everything is better with friends.

Birthday cards from the 1st graders at ABC. (sorry they're upside down)

Birthday cookies!!!!!!! 
UNO!!! 
When left alone for too long.... well I had fun at least. :D

Sometimes kindergarten is just too much. 

:)

Laughing! 




These are the precious babies at the Crisis nursery in town. Its so much fun to go and love on them. I pray that we're a blessing to their nannies during the time we have to spend there. 

EEETCHY CATAPILLA!!! That kinder speak for Itchy Caterpillar...  these little guys are evil. If you touch them they give you a rash and make you... ITCHY! obviously kinder kids can't resist their fuzzy appearance...

I just want it to be know that on this particular ice cream outing O was the one who asked for  the ice cream 

Things we find in our resource room at school.... 

Every time I looked at this little girl she would just stare at me with the biggest most beautiful smile! 

Working hard on some coloring pages... hoping to win a prize

After a lot of miscommunication I realized they wanted me to take their  pictures. so we had fun!



These kids have stolen my heart. 





The baby wasn't quite sure what to think of me, but his sister REALLY wanted her picture taken. :)

The laughter that these toys brought was absolutely beautiful

Pure joy.

This sweet baby actually laughed with me... I think his sister was just as excited as I was that he didn't cry. 

The end.

Until next time..... 

"This is my commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you. Greater love has no one than this, that someone lay down his life for his friends. You are my friends if you do what I command you. No longer do I call you servants, for the servant does not know what his master is doing; but I have called you FRIENDS, for all that I have heard from my Father I have made known to you. You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you that you should go and bear fruit and that your fruit should abide, so that whatever you ask the Father in my name, he may give you. These things I command you, so that you will love one another." John 15.12-17

WOW! 

No comments:

Post a Comment