Monday, October 31, 2011

A day in the life of...

Not much has happened since my last post... last was a busy week, but it was pretty routine... kinda. I don't really know everything is mushing together, but I'll do my best to tell you about a day in the life of... well me and the many roles I seem to have found myself in here.
Sunday was actually not typical, since Ogles and I were both free of any duties at IBF on Sunday we decided to visit Flood which is a church popular with the singles and college students here on campus. It was good, it is a bit more contemporary, a bit more like church back home, but I think O and I both realized that IBF is where we need to be right now and we're happy there. It was fun to visit though, I'm sure we'll go back.
Mmmmonday, was back to school after our week off, it was a long day. The fabulous routine we had finally fallen into was nonexistent, and the day was just challenging, but we made it! Later that night we went to the basketball game (GO LIONS!) here on campus it was a really great game, the guys played hard and won! It was a very different atmosphere instead of yelling and screaming everyone sings and dances, and just enjoys the game for what it is.
Tuesday was a much better day at school. I was so glad that it didn't take the kids long to get back in the swing of things. Tuesday night Ogles and I ran off and had dinner. Its always nice to escape campus for a while and just sit and be normal and not have to think about and analyze everything I say. Afterward we came back and just hung out around campus we went to the caf and spent some time there and then we just walked around and were lazy. At some point Tuesday night there was NO ONE at my house except me and it was wonderful and peaceful... I'm praying it happens more often. :D
Wednesday was another day of getting up early and heading out off to school. I really enjoy being greeted by my students every morning. They are always so excited and full of love. Wednesday is staff Bible Study on campus. This week we had the pleasure of hearing from Dr. Kamadan (Not sure how to spell that) He is know around campus as Uncle Krabby. He brought a message about being joyful even in the trials. It was such a refreshing and MUCH needed reminder. Life here is special there are rules and regulations for everything and sometimes that is suffocating... other times is frustrating and sometime its just obnoxious. However I realize rule are good... I like rules... but sometimes I am not sure what the rules are that's hard. Also, its November... waking up in to the heat is just a little bit sad. Everyone back home is enjoying the nice fall weather and carving pumpkins and trick-or-treating... don't get me wrong I love it here we're doing fun things its just not the same traditions that we're used to and love. Not to worry though I have already started decorating for Christmas and since there is no Thanksgiving in Malawi I see no reason to put off the rest of the decorating. SO all of that to say a message on joy was just what we needed right now. Praise the Lord he always provides.
Thursday was back to school... haha this is fun (you should at least pretend) Thursday I had my computer at school and my current background is a picture of Ogles (Miss O), Owen (Mista Owen), and myself. (Miss O comes into my room every Tuesday to help with reading centers so my kids know her well) So a bunch of my kids were standing and looking at the picture when one of the says, "Miss Weimer, I didn't know you knew Mista Owen..." Confused I look at them I said, "Guys, Mr. Owen works across the hall, we see him all the time, he come into our classroom EVERYDAY." They returned my confused expression and said, "Yes but we didn't know you KNEW Mista Owen." Okay okay fair enough I really enjoy this age and their mindset. Later that day they were looking at the picture again and one of them asked me. "Where was that picture at?" So, I said, "that picture is at Mr. Owen's house." to which the replied wide eyed... "MISTA OWEN HAS A HOUSE!" at this point I just had to laugh they are so cute I didn't even know what to do. Thursday was also shopping day so Ogles and I mustered up all of our courage and went shopping... okay not really we asked Owen to come and since Owen is a wonderful person he toted us around town and even led us on our first adventure to the clothes market. In order to get to the clothes market you have to cross, what I am sure is the most unsafe bridge in the entire world. I was scared, fortunately Ogles is awesome and didn't rat me out she just let me walk in front of her slowly slowly slowly until we got to the other side. Oh! such good times. 
Friday was a lovely day the weather was a bit cooler and everyone was looking forward to the weekend. Ogles and I decided to skip pot luck and enjoy a quiet evening at our house, and then we went and watched the girls basketball game (AHHH THERE IS A HUGE SPIDER) AHHHHHHH!
Saturday of course was sleep in late and do nothing day later that day we made  p(that spider is really close  to me this is no good) pancakes for dinner and then watched despicable me. what a good way to end the day! (EISH! Its a chop chop! Allison is my HERO! She is trying kill it! there is much screaming, don't judge!) Okay I cna't even think right now. I have tortured you enough with my life. Much love keep the prayers coming we need all we can get!!
 Until next time,
"Count it pure joy, my brothers, when you meet trial of various kinds, for you know that the testing of your faith produces steadfastness. And let steadfastness have it full effect, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing." James 1: 2-3


also pray that this spider dies!

No comments:

Post a Comment