Friday, September 23, 2011

It's not nice to lie.

Well friends, I am happy to report that it has been a lovely week here in Malawi. The weather is starting to get warmer which is fun. It's still cool in the mornings and evenings, which is nice, but probably won't last long.
We started our week as we usually  do. I really love the church that Allison and I have been going to. It feels normal... a bit like home, but not... I don't know it's nice. Allison started singing with the praise band and we've signed up to work the nursery and such it's going to be fun.
Monday was just a normal day. My class room was a bit chattier than normal, but they're in kindergarten so everyday is an adventure. Tuesday we were all a bit more on edge  I think. There were demonstrations planned for Wednesday so we were not even sure if we were going to have school, and the atmosphere was just a bit more tense than usual. This really just resulting in the kids being extra talkative and it taking about 3 times as long to do things as it should have. But we made it... and at some point during the day one of my kids said to the person sitting next to him, quite out of the blue...  "you have a nice face, I wish I had your face." I am certain that this was and is only funny to me, but I laughed for quite some time.
Wednesday we did not end up having school, but it things were quiet. So basically we sat around in our pj's all day, ate far too many cookies, watched Gilmore Girls, and did some lesson planning. We really appreciate everyone who  is praying for Malawi, please continue to do so.
Thursday we were back at school... most of us spent 93% of the day thinking it was Monday only to be completely thrown off to realize it was actually Thursday. However, that is always a pleasant surprise.  Friday... oh how I so enjoy Friday. The day did start off rather rough... I am still not sure why, but I am blaming it on the fact that my alarm scared me half to death this morning and it just took me a long time to recover from it... I do think that today was one of the best days I have had with my class. They were well quiet and behaved and just a lot of fun.
... So story time... there are several dogs here on campus supposedly most of them belong to people, but a few of them belong to no one... anyway we all know that I am not much for dogs or cats... or squirrels... or really any animal for that matter, but I have grown to love Tara... she is a gigantic dog that runs around campus. She really is HUGE, but she is just sweet and wonderful.... so she lives with the single guys on campus. She is supposed to stay tied up or fenced up or something along those lines during the day so she doesn't come to school... well she's huge she jumps the fence, pretty much everyday I guess. I dunno, but today she happened to be running around campus, and Mr. Owen was getting ready to take her home so she was on our end of the school. My kids were eating snack so I was standing in the doorway to keep her from coming in and joining us in our snacking. Once they were gone several of my kids asked "what was THAT!?!" and so I told them that it was Tara the dog... "NO! What was the big thing with Mr. Owen?" That was a dog... "Miss Weimer, you know it's not nice to lie...?" It really was a dog... "NO, that is a horse or something!"
 They're hysterical. That's just all there is to it. I didn't even know what to say. They were still not convinced that Tara is a dog but whatever.

In other news...
TODAY I GOT  A PACKAGE!!!!! There simply are not words to describe how exciting this is. Allison got one too, simply doubling the excitement and making it that much more difficult to describe.
Please continue to pray for us here, for a health and safety, for our sanity, and for our spiritual lives.

1 comment:

  1. I am glad you liked your package, the next one has better surprises. I have new recipes to send for one of the nurses at work which includes a homemade bisquick recipe. I am in disbelief that you are making friends with a dog, will the charm of life in Africa never cease!

    ReplyDelete