Saturday, September 17, 2011

Something Original...kinda

As promised, after my last two posts I am sitting down to write you all something. This week as been a particularly crazy one. After last weeks 4 day weekend I was feeling much better and headed back to school on Monday. However after 4 days off Monday was simply a LOOONG day. But I made it no worries. Tuesday was another day at school, followed by ballet class, and back to school night. My ballet classes are going well the girls and I are still getting to know each other, but we're getting there. Back to school night is a night for the parents. They come in and meet the teachers, see the classroom, and hear about what we have planned for the year. Easy enough, but it makes for a quite a long day. Wednesday was just another day as well, which I am quite happy with, I finally feel like we're forming a good routine here. For some reason Thursday was just a blah kind of day. The kind of day where you're sleepy and cranky all day but you still have things to do so you have to pretend you're not, making the day even worse... yeah it was one of those. Ahhh! Friday! Praise the Lord for Friday! We woke up early and went to school. My class was particularly rowdy and hyper Friday. But we figured it out and made it through the day. Friday is nap day at my house and so when I came home from school I went to my room and watched a movie and took a less than glorious nap.... there is construction happening literally (and I mean this in the purest sense of the word) in our back yard. So yesterday our entire house was shaking, and we were all just waiting for the walls to cave in. That makes for a fun afternoon. Friday was also pot luck which is just good times. And today we don't plan on doing anything we slept in, and we're all sitting around in our pj's doing nothing. It's wonderful!
Next week should look fairly similar (I hope) with out all the craziness. There are demonstrations planned for this Wednesday so that may add a little excitement to our week, but we'll see.
We're getting this figured out. I love it here everyday we meet new people or learn new things and it's just fun. We've starting putting up decorations on our walls and we got new  curtains for the living room and kitchen! This is very exciting. Our house is finally starting to feel like home, which is very much a necessity here. Thank you all for reading, and sending encouraging thoughts. It means a lot. Your prayers as well, please pray this week especially for peace in Malawi.

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment