Sunday, August 14, 2011

adjusting

I am really no good with change. Why I thought that would be any different in the middle of Africa, I .have no idea. However, I am adjusting. Possibly one of the most difficult things right now is simply learning what can be fixed, and what we're probably going to have to live with because we're in Africa. For example, we only have light bulbs in half of our house right now. This can, and will, be fixed very soon. On the other hand, if you even think about leaving that little crumb laying on the counter there will be no less then 17,000 ants coming for it before you finish your thought. This we will have to live with, but if that is our biggest problem I think we'll be okay.
So here we are, a lot of the novelty of being in Africa is beginning to wear off and we're ready to be settled in and adjusted. I don't think any of us are expecting this to happen over night, we're smarter than that, but we're beginning to feel the frustrations and anxieties that come with being in a new place. Allison and I are incredibly blessed to know each other, as well as the Kysers. I can't imagine being here all by myself, and not know one person. Having people that you already know and that are familiar is something that I don't think we'll take for granted. Please continue to pray that things will get easier, and that feelings of anxiety and worry will not overtake life here. Also pray that we stay healthy (NO MALARIA!) and continue to adjust here in Malawi.
"But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me." 2 Corinthians 12:9

2 comments:

  1. I am considering the thought this morning that our move to Mississippi was all in preparation for you to go to Africa. You have great work to do there and no room for doubt.
    Love,mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting website. Keep blogging!

    ReplyDelete