Friday, August 5, 2011

I do not think I like traveling...

Hello again!
I am certain you have all been wondering what happened over the past several days, and to be perfectly honest I am wondering the same thing. The following is what I do know about what happened...
Tuesday morning I loaded myself up into my car and drove to Jackson to meet up with Allison, Liz, and Amber. We had planned to just hang out and enjoy the weekend sense Ammie was back from Peru finally. That was all very lovely. We hung out with lots of wonderful friends from school and we got to see Ashley and Tim and of course sweet baby Isaac. (Sweet baby Isaac is definitely not a baby anymore. :( ) We had so much fun doing nothing really, but it was fun.
Wednesday, the BIG day. The combination anxiety and excitement made for a horribly long day. We survived though. We headed to the airport around 3pm, and with the help from the amazing Mrs. Jan we were checked in by 5pm. Yes, all of that is correct a speedy 2 hour check in process. We said goodbye to our parents and headed off, no turning back! We left out of Jackson, so naturally our flight was delayed causing some stress (not much though) over whether we would make our connection in Dallas. We did. Praise the Lord. We didn't have much time, but we made it and thats all that matters.
At some point on our way from Dallas to London it turned into Thursday. This would have been much less unfortunate if we had been able to sleep well. But, we didn't which made our lovely 7 hour layover in London... not so lovely. We did strange things and slept in airport chairs and blinked stupidly at people until it was finally time for our flight. London to Jo-Burg 10 hours...
Once again at some point in turned into Friday this was a little bit better, but we were still incredibly sleepy. In Jo-Burg we met up with Katie who is another teacher at ABC this year. I felt bad because Allsion and I weren't much for conversation during our layover there... we eventually woke up a bit, but not really. Once we boarded our FINAL FLIGHT from Jo-Burg to Lilongwe... i don't really remember I slept from before take-off almost until we landed, it was lovely. We made it through immigration and customs and baggage claiming and everything else without any problems and were met at the airport by lovely people from ABC who bought us to our house!
All we have really done is make a mess... Most of my stuff still needs to be unpacked a put away, we had dinner with a family here at ABC and now I have spent most of the night trying to update everyone on our progress thus far.
So here I am very sleepy, but very excited in Malawi.

No comments:

Post a Comment