Monday, August 22, 2011

My first day of Kindergarten

That's right kids, today was my first day of kindergarten here in Malawi. I must admit that waking up before the sun comes up is definitely NOT my favorite thing in at all. However, I know myself well enough to know that I must wake up that early in order to be fully functional for school at 7:15.
Aside from that, I think I am going to like kindergarten very much. I met most of the kids in my class today, and they are wonderful and magnificent and beautiful and 17zillion other fun things. One little boy walked right into class stuck out his had and said "Good morning Miss Weimer." Naturally I responded "good morning, how are you today?" His response, "Fine thanks, and how are you?" The entire exchange was adorable and brilliant.
Anyway, for the first day of school we spent about 30 minutes in our room, we met the students and parents and helped the students find their cubbies and desks. Then they played for a few minutes before it was time to go to the assembly. We spend about 30 minutes in the assembly and that was the end of the day. So not an incredibly eventful first day, but I am certain tomorrow will be so stay tuned in for another of addition of the day in the life of a kindergarten teacher....

1 comment:

  1. How very exciting to finally meet your class. I can't wait to hear all about the first full day after you recover from your exhaustion. The Keysers are adorable.

    ReplyDelete